StyleNote 2.2.0 has been released! It includes a feature wanted by quite a lot of users: homescreen widget scrolling. It can be used on Android 3.0 or newer systems. With this addition, now you can read your long notes directly on your homescreen without launching the editor. Since this feature involves some fundamental changes to StyleNote, it has been added as an "experiemental" option and is disabled by default for now. The option that enables this feature can be found under the "Homescreen Widget Preferences" section of the Options/Info screen (accessed via the "3 dots" menu button located at the top-right corner of the main StyleNote interface).
As this is experimental, please disable it and report any problem if it doesn't work for you, so that I can make sure everyone of you can use it. You can either email me or make use of our user forum. Thanks. Of course, this feature will "graduate" eventually and become a standard feature (i.e. enabled by default) in future updates. For now, please test it out! :)
The full changelog of the new version is as follows.
- New feature (experimental, for Android 3.0+): Option to enable homescreen widget scrolling (just do not enable it if it doesn't work for you but please report any problem via the user forum or email)
- New feature: Option for different back button behaviors for the note editor
- New feature: Option to choose a custom backup file path
- Now the traditional Chinese interface will be used for systems with non-standard Chinese system locale settings
- Fixed an issue with custom note margins
- Fixed an issue where the note text on a widget sometimes may disappear after being updated
- Fixed a potential error which may occur when pasting a very large piece of text
- Fixed a potential error which may occur when notes are being sorted
- Fixed some potential errors